I am going to add a challenge to myself – to read as many Sweet Valley Twins books as possible on the journey of my 100 books in one year challenge. Here are my early choices:
46. Evil Elizabeth by Francine Pascal and Jamie Suzanne (This one is a chiller!)
47. Against the Rules
48. The Haunted House
49. Sneaking Out
50. Buried Treasure
51. Keeping Secrets
52. Playing Hooky
53. The Centre of Attention
54. Claim to Fame
55. Left Behind
Does anyone else like the Sweet Valley books? 😀 I think they are so great, they have a wonderful dated feel to them, and they are a really nice length!
The great thing is that these books are written for enjoyment and fun.
- The Book Theif
- Captain Correlli’s Mandolin
- Jude the Obscure
- The Great Gatsby
- The Talented Mr Ripley
- Code Name Verity
- The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray Journals #3) by Michelle Cooper
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
- I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Hobbit
- The Lord of the Rings
- The Goldfinch
- The Werewolf of Fever Swamp
- The Book of Speculation
- Space Drifters – The Emerald Enigma
- Speculative Realism
- The Unwritten
- Winter Tide
- The Stand
- Racing the Dark
- The Icarus Girl
- Salt Fish Girl
- Dragon Sword and Wind Child
- Redemption in Indigo
- Wind Follower
- The House of shattered wings
- The book of Joan
- The Backworlds
- Pride and Prejudice
- War of the Worlds
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth
That’s what I’ve got so far, and I plan to add some books from the Gilmore Girls reading list!
- 41. The Collected Stories by Eudora Welty
- 42. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- 43. Something by Dawn Powell – I’m not reading her complete novels, that seems like overdoing it to me.
- 44. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
- 45. Ulysses by James Joyce
Look what I have found!
If you read my previous post, you will know that I was looking for a book which was speculative. A speculative book. And so I searched for “speculative books”! And there you have it.
That’s seventeen books so far. I would like to find some theoretical books too. I like speculation.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
So I think I will add
2. Jude The Obscure
3. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin,
and 5. The Great Gatsby
to my list. So you can see how seriously I take this selection process. I just love reading, and I think I will just try to read every book ever written.
6. Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity #1) by Elizabeth Wein
7. The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray Journals #3) by Michelle Cooper
8. Middlemarch by George Eliot
9. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
10. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
11. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
This blog is to record my personal challenge of reading one hundred books next year (2018) and in the anticipation, I have to plan which one hundred books to read!